When flooding occurs in your home or business, you don’t have a minute to lose. Without immediate action, the damage that can occur from the excess water and its aftermath can be disastrous. Water damage from flooding goes way beyond soaking your carpets and furniture. The actual structure—including walls and drywall, flooring, and deeper construction elements such as support beams and insulation—can absorb and take on water you might not even see or be aware of. If not properly treated, dampness can jeopardize the structural integrity of your property and also quickly lead to a dangerous infestation from mold.
If you’ve experienced flooding in your residential or commercial property, call D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc. right away. We are available to take your call 24/7 and will respond to your flood emergency as quickly and efficiently as if the damage had happened in our own home.
When most people think of a flood, they think of rain and storm water gushing into the basement of a building. While this is often the case, a number of other factors can result in flooding in your home or business that require emergency extraction and cleanup. Flooding also occurs from:
- Burst pipes
- Overflowing creeks and streams
- Storm drain backups
- Sewage backups
- Faulty appliances
D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc., a leading residential and commercial flood damage restoration company in the Atlanta area, has the expertise to properly and thoroughly handle any type of flood damage that occurs. We understand how dangerous flooding on your property can be and put our top professionals to work for you. We handle any flood situation quickly and efficiently, making sure we extract all the water, thoroughly dry, clean, and sanitize the affected area, and make whatever renovations or repairs are necessary so you can get your home or business life back on track. We also help customers with their insurance claims by submitting whatever documentation is needed.
When you need peace of mind, we provide it. The team at D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc. is licensed, bonded and insured. Our technicians must all pass a comprehensive employment screening process, after which they receive the specialized training and certification we require, including from the nationally recognized Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification—the IICRC—which is the organization that certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industry.
We provide flood damage restoration for virtually any property type, commercial or residential:
- Commercial flood damage restoration: Office buildings, retail spaces, industrial and corporate facilities
- Residential restoration services: Single-family homes, duplexes, mobile homes; townhomes, condominiums and other multifamily residential communities including high- and mid-rise apartments and garden-type apartments
- Health care facilities: Hospitals and medical and doctors’ offices, assisted living facilities, hospices
- Child care facilities: Educational day care locations such as pre-K centers, day care operations and special needs centers
Our Flood Damage Cleanup Process
To cleanup all the damage and return the building to its original state we take the following steps:
- We take all necessary safety precautions, including utilizing hazard gear. Our technicians fully assess the situation to determine the extent of damage and locate the source of water entry. To prevent further damage from occurring to your home or business property, we start by fixing the issue that caused the problem, even if temporarily, and later do a permanent repair after the other damage has been cleaned up.
- The next step is to test, identify and categorize the type of water that has flooded your property. This step is critical as, depending on the source, the water can contain bacteria, biohazards and other contaminants.
- Next we check exactly how much water damage has occurred from the flooding. This requires us to examine how much water has entered the property and also the levels of dampness present. This involves confirming the entire area that was flooded, including the basement, floors and subfloors, carpet, carpet padding, walls, insulation, and any other type of surface that requires specialized cleaning and drying: brick, hardwood, concrete, etc.
- We use truck-mounted professional-grade equipment to extract the water. State-of-the-art and portable, our equipment works hard to remove all standing water as quickly as possible. With other specialized equipment we search for hidden areas of dampness to make sure no wet or damp area is missed. This step also tells us every area we need to treat so mold does not have an opportunity to get in and grow into an infestation.
- We examine furnishings, equipment and belongings for signs of dampness and contamination. We may not be able to salvage every item, and will dispose of fully damaged goods appropriately. We inventory salvageable items and transport them for safekeeping, cleaning and restoration to our climate-controlled facility.
- With standing water extracted, we next dry the area using powerful, heavy-duty air movers such as fans and drying panels. If Mother Nature cooperates, we even rely on the sun and dry air to help us out on good weather days.
- Using approved products and cleaning solutions, we clean, sanitize, and deodorize the entire affected area, including HVAC cleaning and vacuuming to eliminate airborne contaminants and prevent mold spores from forming. We also take steps to check for the potential for a mold infestation in locations not plainly visible, and clean and treat to prevent one from occurring. We take the same care and caution with all belongings we removed from your premises, and work to restore your items to their pre-water-damage condition as much as possible.
- If your home or business property has suffered structural damage as a result of the flooding, we will provide full renovation and reconstruction services to restore whatever portions of your property were damaged in the flood.
An industry leader, D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc. has served hundreds of metropolitan Atlanta customers who experienced flood damage. We are always current on the latest technologies used in the industry, which ensures we do a safe, thorough job at getting floodwater extracted and the affected area completely dry and clean. Our goal is to make restoration as quick and painless for our customers as possible, while also restoring peace of mind.