Basement flooding often occurs without warning and under unexpected circumstances such as a burst pipe, a broken water heater, sewer line backup, or storm drain overflow from torrential rains. No matter how water may have entered your basement, you should take fast, immediate action to minimize the damage that could occur if the water is allowed to stand for any length of time. And, given the dangers inherent with flood water – risk of electrical shock or spread of bacteria and contamination, to name a few – basement water extraction and cleanup should be performed only by a trained, qualified professional.
D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc. provides expert water-removal services, and we are available 24/7 year ‘round to take your emergency call. We have years of proven experience extracting water from basements located in both residential and commercial buildings throughout the greater Atlanta area. In addition, we fully dry and restore the premises to its pre-water-damage condition, including repairing and renovating damage to the property itself.
Professional Help Is a Must if You Have Water in Your Basement
Some property owners attempt to extract basement water and clean up the mess themselves. We at D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc. never recommend you do that. The risks and dangers to yourself and other building occupants are too great. Consider these:
D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc. is a leader in the water removal and restoration services industry. We work hard to restore not only your home or business, but also your peace of mind. We are licensed, bonded and insured and our employees all go through a comprehensive employment screening process. Technicians receive the specialized training and certifications they need to do their job properly and competently, including from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification— IICRC—the nationally recognized organization that sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industry.
Our Basement Water Removal Process
D.O.N.E. Restoration, Inc. adheres to a rigorous water-extraction process that ensures your basement ends up dry, clean, sanitized and safe to return to.
- Assess – We first assess the extent of water damage in your basement and develop a plan to extract the water, remove the contents, and clean up the property. We determine the source of water entry into the basement and take the necessary steps to stop any more water from entering your basement.
- Identify – We test and identify the type of water that has flooded your basement based on IICRC criteria which considers the source of the water and the potential levels of contaminants and hazards it may contain. We are equipped to safely handle any type of water or contamination that may be present.
- Classify – We examine the amount and extent of water damage that has occurred. This involves checking levels of dampness and moisture in carpets and carpet pads, measuring how high up a wall the water damage has gone, and closely inspecting porous materials (hardwood, brick, concrete), as these require specialized cleaning and drying.
- Extract – Our powerful equipment fully extracts all standing water from your basement and transports it to our waiting truck. Our equipment is truck-mounted and state-of-the-art, so you know we work safely and efficiently. At that time, we also look for areas of potential threats from mold and take proper steps to prevent an infestation.
- Dry – Water and moisture must be completely eliminated from the flood area. We use specialized equipment to detect moisture, and also heavy-duty fans and other drying equipment to help the process.
- Clean – We clean, decontaminate and deodorize all affected areas. Any items and personal belongings that were removed are cared for and restored to the best of our ability.
- Renovate – If your basement experienced structural damage, we provide construction and renovation services upon request.
We provide basement water extraction services for the following:
- Commercial properties: Offices, retail spaces, industrial/corporate facilities
- Residential properties: Single- and multifamily homes, mobile homes, townhomes and condominiums
- Health care facilities: Hospitals, medical offices, assisted living facilities, hospices
- Child care facilities: Pre-K, day care and special needs centers
Water that is allowed to stand in your basement can potentially damage more than just the items stored there. We understand that, so we remain current on the latest technologies and procedures to ensure every job is safe and thorough. We’ll take your emergency call 24/7 and work hard to restore your basement to its pre-water-damage condition so you can get back inside and get your life back to normal.